Bean to cup or coffee capsules what to consider in choosing commercial coffee machines.
As mentioned in our recent blog benefits of coffee and barista style commercial coffee machines, at least one daily cup of coffee is an absolute must for most of us. Working from the office certainly does not have to stand in the way of this essential need. This is where commercial coffee machines become a critical asset, bringing direct access to great coffee in the comfort of your office. What is better than a convenient, great tasting cup of coffee within a couple steps from your desk? Every coffee break has that magic feel, that full coffee flavour, coffee crema and not to mention the all-important, luxuriously textured milk.
Some points to consider about commercial coffee machines.
- Quality – A big factor in the smoothness and flavour of a cup of coffee is the freshness of the coffee beans used. Prepacked coffee capsules tend to be packed months in advanced. Coffee beans, once ground, quickly lose their full flavour and natural oils. Those oils and freshness are what allow for the lovely crema on top of an espresso. On the other hand, when coffee beans are ground specifically when needed, the coffee grounds offer a fresh full flavour.
- Types of coffee – Some days require a strong flat white while others may call for a softer favoured creamy latte. Take note of what coffees the machine can prepare and how much user input is required. Unlike capsule coffee machines, our commercial coffee machines have a built-in milk fridge. They also have a steamer built in. This ensures lovely textured milk for those smooth flat whites or froth for those micro foam topped cappuccinos. Our machines range in ability from 12 types to 32 types of coffee-based drinks to choose from.
- Quantity – How many coffees per day is your coffee machine capable of handling? Many coffee machines are limited by small water tanks or designed for small coffee output. These are not ideal for most office setups in terms of consumption. This leads to the machine wearing out and eventually breaking down. Our Commercial Coffee Machines come with large water tanks or can be plumbed into the mains. Our machines range in coffee production from smaller 20-50 coffees per day up to 200 per day.
- Maintenance – Maintenance expenses on office coffee machines are often overlooked. How easy is the machine to maintain? How often does the machine need servicing? At Cuco, we offer free weekly servicing of all our machines. We do this to ensure the quality of your office’s coffee is always optimal.
- Price – Are you looking to purchase a machine or maybe rather rent a machine allowing choice and no long-term commitments? Some companies offer only 2- or 3-year contracts with little extra in the way of servicing or maintenance. At Cuco, we like to let our service and coffee be the deciding factor in working with us. That’s why we offer 3-month trial contracts. We let you experience our service and enjoy our coffee before deciding if you would like to continue with us. This includes free weekly servicing and coffee bean deliveries when needed.
- Footprint – What is the environmental footprint of a coffee machine? This is a question many offices are considering when trying to meet recycling and composting targets to reduce waste. Our commercial coffee machines, unlike pod machines that have a pod left behind after each coffee, have extremely small environmental footprints. Cuco Coffee Bean bags are recyclable, our cups compostable as are the bean grinds. Cuco coffee beans are also Rainforest Alliance certified.
What Cuco Coffee and our commercial coffee machines offer.
At Cuco Coffee, our commercial coffee machines are built to replicate the Barista process from whole bean to cup, making you wonder why choose bean to cup coffee machine. This means you are getting the freshest, fullest flavour out of your cup of coffee every time. We also have an 11g puck to offer stronger fuller flavours to your cup. Unlike pod-based coffee machines that use capsules of pre ground coffee prepared months in advance, our commercial coffee machines offer individual tailoring of your coffee. From the strength, to the volume to the quantity of fresh milk – you control it!
Contactless coffee? No problem.
Another much-loved feature of our commercial coffee machines is contactless operations. Now you can tailor your drink from your smartphone. No need to touch the machine other than placing your cup on the tray. Coffee made via the app allows people to access great coffee in the office, without the fear of touching many surfaces as is required with capsules or instant coffee.